Hello, My Loves!
Thank you to all who tuned in to Episode #5 of my show "5 With Fay" on Friday!! As promised, here's a recap of the show with links to my song and my 5 Favorite Finds for last week. If you missed last week's episode you can watch it HERE.
5 Favorite Finds:
1. Stellar Organics Winery - I happily stumbled upon Stellar Organics wines in a little Country Market while vacationing in Vermont. I went in for milk and walked out with bottles of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Thought there were several wines on the shelves, Stellar Organics jumped out at me. With words like "Organic", "Fair Trade" and "No added Sulfur Dioxide", on the label, I couldn't resist grabbing a few bottles to try. I hadn't intended to fall head over heals in love with Stellar Organics Winery, but I couldn't help myself! Their wines are flavorful and delicious and If you have never tried a wine made without added sulfites (google it), I recommend you give them a try. The taste (in my opinion) tends to be cleaner and more crisp, and reminds me of homemade wine. Don't worry though, if added sulfites are your thing, Stellar Organics can hook you up. They make equally beautiful wines the old school way (with the added sulfites). Whether you prefer your wines with or without added sulfites, all of Stellar Organics wines are certified Organic and Fair Trade. The grapes are grown with love and the people at Stellar Organics (all along the supply chain) are treated fairly, with respect, dignity and livable wages! When you drink Stellar Organics you know that you are getting an exquisite bottle of wine with heart and soul! And what doesn't pair with that?? Check out their website (www.stellarorganics.com) for local retailers.
2. Spot It! (by Blue Orange Games) - We love games at Chez Fay and Spot It! is our new favorite! My kids (3 year old & 7 year old), my husband and I have been engaging in epic Spot It! battles lately. The game is fast paced, fun and keeps the kids engaged! Each tin of cards comes with 5 different games, so it's easy to mix things up and keep the kids (and ourselves) entertained! Best thing, the instructions are super easy to read and don't require a magnifying glass and PhD to read and understand (Thank God!) The games are for 2-8 players and are available in sets geared toward different age ranges and interests! They even have special limited edition versions of the game. Blue Orange Games is an awesome company that cares about leaving the planet healthy and thriving for our children! In 2007 they implemented a program to benefit the planet and make the business more sustainable. They plant 2 trees for EVERY tree used to create their wooden products and game cards. To date, they have planted over 100,000 trees! They also partner with Pure Project to calculate and offset their carbon emissions! Thank you, Blue Orange Games, for making super fun games and for caring about the planet for our children's future!
3. Steve's Ice Cream - Holy Yum! Steve's Ice Cream has started an ice cream flavor revolution! With flavors like Coffee & Donuts (yes, coffee ice cream with donut pieces!), Scotch Chocolate (chocolate blended with scotch whiskey), Sunday Morning (buttered maple syrup ice cream with waffle pieces) and Mexican Chili Chocolate (dark chocolate ice cream spiced with cayenne, cinnamon and taza guajillo chili chocolate pieces), Steve's has mastered the art of flavor combinations! They make all of their ice cream in small batches and they partner with local craft producers to source fresh ingredients for all of their flavors. Steve's ice cream is made with care, precision and love! Steve's Ice Cream is a member of 1% For The Planet which means they donate 1% of their sales to Environmental groups around the world! How sweet is that!? Check out Steve's website for local retailers.
4. Hell Bunny Dresses/Old Gold - My #4 favorite for this week is two-fold, featuring one of my favorite dress designers Hell Bunny and my favorite vintage shop of all time Old Gold (located in Burlington Vermont). Hell Bunny is a UK based clothing designer specializing in retro/rockabilly/punk clothing for women. Their designs are fun, unique and beautifully made. I'm looking forward to rocking some Hell Bunny dresses on stage soon! Because they are a wholesaler, you'll have to Google where to find retailers that carry their line. A little bit of research is worth it though, because Hell Bunny dresses are hot! Of course if you are in the Burlington, VT area, be sure to visit Old Gold where you'll find Hell Bunny apparel and a plethora of amazing vintage inspired clothing for both men and women! Old Gold is a vintage wonderland! They have everything from hard to find vintage concert tee's to 1950's inspired cocktail dresses to full on costumes. They have a few items up on their website but for the full experience, plan a trip to their shop!
5. Gig Finder App - If you are a musician looking to book gigs, this FREE app is an absolute must! Available on iTunes and GooglePlay, Gig Finder is like having a booking agent in your pocket. The app allows you to locate, research and submit to music venues, with just a few clicks of a button. The app links up to your ReverbNation artist profile and sends the booker your info, songs, videos, press etc... The "business" of being an independent musician can be extremely time consuming. The Gig Finder app makes it possible to spend less time in front of a computer and MORE time honing your craft and making music! Score!
...AND THERE, MY LOVES, ARE MY 5 FAVORITE FINDS FOR THIS WEEK! :)
Have Something YOU Love?
I'm always looking for new things to try and I would love to get your suggestions! If you have something you love, share it with me via your favorite social media (Twitter, G+, Facebook, Instagram etc..) and use #5withFay to let me know! If I love it, I'll put it on my show and, of course, give you a shout out!
I take requests! I love to sing for you, my fellow Scrape Knee'd Girls & Guys! If you want me to sing a song for YOU, let me know! Again, just use #5withFay and request one of my songs. I'll happily dedicate it to you, or someone you love....or your cat...or fish, whomever! :)
Until next week...
THANK YOU for tuning in, for supporting me, and for all of your LOVE!!