Happy Monday, My Loves!
Thank you to all who tuned in to Episode #3 of my new show "5 With Fay" on Friday!! As promised, here's a recap of the show with links to my song and my 5 Favorite Finds for last week. If you missed last week's episode you can watch it HERE.
5 Favorite Finds:
1. Dogfish Head Brewery - Ok, I'll just say it...I have a TOTAL crush on Dogfish Head. Their brews are so beautifully crafted and have such subtle combinations of delicious ingredients, that I would go so far as to call each Dogfish Head brew a work of art. Try any of their 9 artfully crafted "year round" brews or crack open one of their "seasonal/occasional" beers and you'll see that Dogfish Head are beer making gods! And did I mention they are also super nice people? They frequently partner with non-profits and every year they organize the "Dogfish Dash", a run that raises money for the Delaware chapter of the Nature Conservancy. Since 2007, they have raised over $200,000 for the cause! Amazing beer brewers with hearts of gold?? Be still my heart, Dogfish Head! I'm swoooning!
2. PuraVida Bracelets - I am totally obsessed with PuraVida Bracelets! These gorgeous bracelets, handmade in Costa Rica, are mixable, matchable and stackable! They come in a variety of colors and designs and are available with both silver and gold charms and a variety of bead combos. Starting at $5.00, all of the bracelets are lightweight, 100% waterproof and adjustable to fit any size wrist - perfect for summer! Yes, they make gorgeous bracelets, but the folks at PuraVida are on a mission! Their "Charity Line" of bracelets are designed to support a wide range of charities - from environmental causes to social causes to raising awareness for specific diseases, PuraVida makes it possible to support your favorite cause- in style! In 2013 alone, PuraVida raised money for over 190 charity organizations! So, you can literally wear your heart on your...sleeve...er...wrist! Well done, PuraVida!
3. Good Guide App - This FREE app makes being a responsible consumer a snap! The Good Guide App's missions is to "help you shop your values, wherever you shop". I love putting my money where my mouth is, but since I usually shop with 2 young kids in tow, I don't have the luxury to peruse store aisles researching companies and their values. My one objective when shopping with my kids is to get in, get out and avoid a tantrum. WIth a scan of a barcode, however, the Good Guide app enables me to quickly pull up the social, environmental and health ratings of MOST companies. I can make a quick, effortless and informed decision on which company I want to support based on how their values match mine. And my kids get in on the action too! We make a guessing game out of how a company might rate! Yes, it's fun, but more importantly, it's planting a seed in the minds of my kids that it's possible, important and easy to be a responsible consumer! So freaking cool! Thank you Good Guide for making me a better mother, consumer and human being. I owe you one! *wink
4. Snark Guitar Tuners - Best. Guitar. Tuner. Ever. End of story. This tuner has a bright, easy to read display, it's precise and fits my guitar like a dream. Need I say more? Available in a variety of cool colors too! Bonus!
5. Scribblegraph - I have amazingly talented friends. I'm so lucky to call Scribblegraph (aka Ashlan Nathens) one of them. I fell in love with the Scribblegraph's scribbles a few years ago. His illustrations are beautiful and profound, beyond words. I knew that when it came time to design my album artwork for Cherish The Broken, Scribblegraph was the ONLY artist I trusted with my musical baby. I couldn't be happier with what he was able to dream up. And working with him was a dream too...despite the 12 hour time difference! Check out some of the beautiful scribbles on his website and I promise you'll fall in love too! Oh, and he takes scribble requests! LOVE!
...AND THERE, MY LOVES, ARE MY 5 FAVORITE FINDS FOR THIS WEEK! :)
Have Something YOU Love?
I'm always looking for new things to try and I would love to get your suggestions! If you have something you love, share it with me via your favorite social media (Twitter, G+, Facebook, Instagram etc..) and use #5withFay to let me know! If I love it, I'll put it on my show and, of course, give you a shout out!
I take requests! I love to sing for you, my fellow Scrape Knee'd Girls & Guys! If you want me to sing a song for YOU, let me know! Again, just use #5withFay and request one of my songs. I'll happily dedicate it to you, or someone you love....or your cat...or fish, whomever! :)
Until next week...
THANK YOU for tuning in, for supporting me, and for all of your LOVE!!