Hello My Loves!
Thank you to all who tuned in to the premiere episode of my new show "5 With Fay"!! As promised, here's a recap of the show with links to my song and my 5 Favorite Finds for last week.
5 Favorite Finds:
1. Bissinger's Chocolate - Delicious chocolate with a conscience! Bissinger's Chocolates joins forces with the Rainforest Alliance organization to ensure that their cocoa is from sustainable and socially responsible farms. How delicious is that?! Check out their mouth-watering array of chocolates and chocolate bars! YUM!!
2. HooplaHa.com - Let's face it. The world can be a pretty depressing place. Watching the 5:00 news can make you want to curl up into the fetal position and never leave the house again. HooplaHa.com is like a dose of medicine to ease the "world's going to hell in a hand basket" blues. Their motto is "Life With A Smile" and that's exactly what they deliver. Making the world a better place, one smile at a time, is their mission and with a website chock full o' feel good content you can't help but feel the LOVE! Everything from videos of babies to inspirational articles on aging, HooplaHa.com is your one stop for FREE Feel Goodz! I dare you to visit their site and NOT walk away with a smile (seriously, if you can NOT smile while on the HooplaHa.com website....you may want to see a Doctor. You might be dead inside.)
*as a bonus, I had the pleasure of talking with the Managing Director of HooplaHa and he is one of the nicest, most compassionate and humble people I have ever spoken with. The people behind HooplaHa.com are the real deal and their only mission is to make the world a happier place. LOVE!
3. Usborne Activity Cards - If you have kids that get bored easily, give these Activity Cards by Usborne a try! They are dry-erase and re-usable which means your kids can get a ton of mileage out of them. Available in a wide variety of packs, (Travel Doodles, 50 Things To Do On A Plane, 50 Secret Codes...to name a few) these cards are sure to keep your kids busy during travel or at home. Going on a trip? Throw a couple of packs in your carry-on or stow them in the car. The cards are creative, clever and challenge your child's imagination. At $9.99 a pack, they are well worth the hours of fun they provide!
4. Band Of The Day - App - As a musician, I'm constantly looking for new music to inspire me. Back in the day I used to go to a record store (what's a record store?) and roam the aisles for hours searching for new music. I was even brave enough to put on the public headphones (eeew!) at a "Listening Station" or two. Nowadays, public headphones aren't necessary (Thank God!). Thanks to my new favorite music app Band Of The Day, new music finds ME! Every day, I get a notification and magically a new band appears. I can listen to a few tracks from my phone and share or buy if I like what I hear! With genres ranging from Singer/Songwriter to Hip Pop to Rock to Electronic to Country (and pretty much everything in between)...there's something for everyone! And the best part...it's FREE! (Available on iTunes & GooglePlay)
5. FretRest Folding Guitar Stand by Proline - As a guitar player, this is one of my favorite must-haves! I take this little guitar stand with me every time I leave the house with my guitar. I fold it up, stick it in my bag and I'm off to a gig or rehearsal. You know I'll be packing a few of these with me when I head out on tour this Fall!! They are only $17.99 and available at Guitar Center, Sam Ash, Amazon etc...
....AND THERE, MY LOVES, ARE MY 5 FAVORITE FINDS FOR THIS WEEK! :)
If you missed last weeks episode you can watch it HERE (just ignore the technical difficulty on the song portion - audio will be fixed for next week!)
Have Something YOU Love?
I'm always looking for new things to try and I would love to get your suggestions! If you have something you love, share it with me via your favorite social media (Twitter, G+, Facebook, Instagram etc..) and use #5withFay to let me know! If I love it, I'll put it on my show and, of course, give you a shout out!
I take requests! I love to sing for you, my fellow Scrape Knee'd Girls & Guys! If you want me to sing a song for YOU, let me know! Again, just use #5withFay and request one of my songs. I'll happily dedicate it to you, or someone you love....or your cat...or fish, whomever! :)
Until next week...
THANK YOU for tuning in, for supporting me, and for all of your LOVE!!