Happy Monday, My Loves!
Thank you to all who tuned in to Episode #2 of my new show "5 With Fay" on Friday!! As promised, here's a recap of the show with links to my song and my 5 Favorite Finds for last week. If you missed last week's episode you can watch it HERE.
5 Favorite Finds:
1. SeaSnax - "Strangely Addictive" is their tagline...and they don't lie! These salty, crispy deliciously toasty little seaweed snacks are totally addictive. They're not only tasty, they are super nutritious - gluten-free, non GMO, vegan, no artificial flavors, sugar-free...and yummy! You can't beat that! Oh and did I mention that one single pack has...wait for it....only 16 calories?! Seasnax are total guilt-free snacking. My 3 year old and 7 year old love them - Score! They are a great grab and go snack, perfect for lunches and good for the soul. SeaSnax donates 10% of their annual net profit to non-profits who are "committed to making the world a better and gentler place for our children and our earth" (directly from their website!). Truly Delicious!
2. Burt's Bee's 100% Natural Lip Gloss - Looking for a long lasting, light, non-goopy (yes, that's a technical term) lip gloss for the summer? Burt's Bee's has one! Their 100% Natural Lip Gloss comes in a variety of beautiful, shimmery colors that go on light and stay on for hours. The gloss subtly tints your lips so one application is all you need. I put a little on before a gig, sing my heart out for 2 hours, and come off stage with lips full o' color! At $9.00 each you get a great beauty product from an even greater company. Burt's Bee's has a long history of running their company with social and environmental responsibility. They base their business model on the philosophy that they are doing it all for "The Greater Good". As a testament to that, if you buy 2 lip products from their website, Burt's Bee's will donate 2 lip colors to Lipstick Angels - a non-profit dedicated to bringing beauty into the lives of woman facing serious illness. Burt's Bee's - beautiful inside and out!
3. Wrecords by Monkey - Wrecords by Monkey is an awesome Brooklyn based company that takes old, unwanted vinyl records and upcycles them to create new super-cool products. They make everything from beautiful jewelry, to wall art, to notebooks to coasters...ALL from vinyl records that would otherwise end up in a landfill. So cool! I bought 2 cuff bracelets ($25.00 each) and I absolutely LOVE them. They're comfortable, funky and really unique. Peruse their website and you're sure to find something for yourself or a friend. These are great, innovative gifts for any music lover!
4. Bands In Town App - Don't have time (or energy) to track your favorite bands on tour, but get mad at yourself when you realize you've missed them live? Bands In Town is a FREE app that makes it simple to track your favorite bands and ensures that you get notified when they are coming to your town. You can pick specific bands to track and also widen your search to discover new local music. It's social too! Connect your account to Facebook and you can RSVP to shows and keep up with the shows your friends are planning on checking out. (Bonus - you can track me, on Bands In Town to find out when I'll be coming to YOUR town!)
5. The War of Art by Steven Pressfield - Simply put, this book is a kick in the pants. If you are a creative person with a dream, it's a must read. Whether you are a musician, a painter, a writer or an entrepreneur...it can be a battle to silence the inner naysayer that tries to sabotage our creative goals. The War of Art will give you inspiration, motivation, and the tools necessary to fight the internal war that can rage in our creative souls. This book is my creative bible and reminds me that I have to follow my creative heart, as if my life depended on it. Pick up a copy online through Amazon, Barnes & Noble or www.stevenpressfield.com.
...AND THERE, MY LOVES, ARE MY 5 FAVORITE FINDS FOR THIS WEEK! :)
Have Something YOU Love?
I'm always looking for new things to try and I would love to get your suggestions! If you have something you love, share it with me via your favorite social media (Twitter, G+, Facebook, Instagram etc..) and use #5withFay to let me know! If I love it, I'll put it on my show and, of course, give you a shout out!
I take requests! I love to sing for you, my fellow Scrape Knee'd Girls & Guys! If you want me to sing a song for YOU, let me know! Again, just use #5withFay and request one of my songs. I'll happily dedicate it to you, or someone you love....or your cat...or fish, whomever! :)
Until next week...
THANK YOU for tuning in, for supporting me, and for all of your LOVE!!